22. 2. 2012

What's going on?

What happened in the first act? 
"Maggie trying to force Brick" 
The best new! Big Daddy is not dying! That's the most significant event! Everybody is happy. So far Maggie and Brick are talking in their room (about Brick's brother and Mae). Maggie is the one who hates children and she manifests it very often. While talking with Brick, he is drinking alcohol and answering her with arrogance and ignorance. Their talk is interrupted with children, Mae or Big Mamma. Brick has some mental problem with Maggie, because he does not trust her and doesn't care about her, it has to do with his best friend Skipper ( by the way he is dead). Maggie is trying to convince Brick to be happy, celebrate Big Daddy B-day and to not drink! Once Maggie mention Skipper, Brick gets angry, nervous and drinks more and more! He expleins his problem with alcohol:  "The click I get in my head when I've had enough of this stuff to make me peaceful", this is symbol of psychological/menat balance. After time of useless conversation between those two, Maggie tries to force him to sign the card for Big Daddy.

Soooooo sad:( Maggie: "I'm not living with you. We occupy the same cage." Brick: "You've got to remember the conditons agreed on"

At that time Mae enters the room. Mae is provoking Maggie with childrens which she cannot have. Than the conversation between Maggie and Brick continues. ( I'm not going to tell you all details, because you should read the book). Than here we are Big Mamma comes to the room. She is annoying with her "mummy" question to her lovely son Brick. But the main reason why she came to the room is the health new about Big Daddy. She  is a gossip, because she calls it to everybody. Big Mamma is the mother-in-law nobody wants to have, because  questions like "D'you make Brick happy in bed?" is not the question I would like to hear from her.

At the end of the act one, Maggie says the truth about the healt to Brick. He is surprised and shocked. The conversation between M+B gets to the boiling point, because Maggie again talks about Skipper. Brick starts to yell "shut up"!. IS HE A GAY OR WHAT ?  I don't want to show you only the first theme in the play, so as you know "money, money, money" it is the reason why the whole family met in the house. They all want the property of dying Big Daddy!

ACT TWO- I've already started to read it, but I will tell you more this week. That means I know what is going on, but I've question for you. What do you expect to happen next?

1 komentář:

  1. I like that you ask a question at the end of every one, encouraging us to react. I can't say what'll happen next, obviously, but it seems to me that tension will reach a boiling point and something either really terrible or really wonderful will come out of it -- seems like it could go either way at this point.

    OdpovědětVymazat